Sunday, May 1, 2011

Art Spotlight: Saber “The American Graffiti Artist” Exhibition

As I was perusing the web during a small break in my completion of assignments for finals week I took a swing around to one of my favorite on-line haunts: Stupid Dope. Now while the name may implicate a varied opinion on what the site's content may be I assure you it is definitely one of the few of note. It is an "art farts dream" especially for one such as myself who loves to explore new and emerging forms of art from across the globe. This particular post stuck out to me since it deals primarily with a culture that has long been misunderstood and overlooked as an artform. Grafitti can be a nuisance and quite unslighty, true enough. However there are many talented artists who use this medium as a way to express their viewpoints of the world in a unique way unlike any other painting medium. I understand the annoyance city officials and others may find when done in a negative way, however when given a positive an open environment to express their talents moments of magic can occur. Their chosen canvas may differ tremendously from other art forms but it doesn't make it any less beautiful. At least this reigns true in the eyes of those who love the art like me. Definitely a post of note and you check it out here: Saber Exhibit

No comments:

Post a Comment